Monday, July 18, 2011
Now, on to some personal updates. We are all looking forward to some exciting times in the VanVleet household. Tommy Jr is ready for his first tackle football season, after playing baseball for Willis Jr high last year. He is looking forward to putting on the pads and getting rough. Now Davis and Brett, they are starting their 3rd football season and for the first time they will not be playing on the same team. All 3 boys are playing in the San Tan Youth Football League with the Six Shooters football club. I will have 1 boy in each age division and i will try to split up my time helping with each squad. I have a feeling that big things will happen with Brett and David as they love to strap it up and hit hard! the cool part is that Brett, and possibly David will be playing with their cousins in the QC. My cousin Mark has a couple kids that will be playing with my kids, We are very Excited for that.School is starting soon and Tommy is 13 (tomorrow) and going into 8th grade at Willis Jr high, Monique is 11 and getting ready to start soccer and she is going into 6th grade. Brett is 10, going into 5th grade and the youngest David, who just got baptized, is 8 and going into 3rd grade. they are all growing up fast and i am glad to see them all becoming great kids and I look forward the next year. For now, this is the update, and I promise to be better at keeping up my blog. Love ya all! time for a movie before bed!
Monday, July 26, 2010
Royals (my American League team) is 1 game out of last place..and the Diamondbacks ( my National League Team) is 25 games away from first place...I am ready to cut my losses and put this MLB season behind me and look to the near future as Football Season starts very soon. Although I am optimistic about the Arizona Cardinals this year, the "REALIST" in me is preparing for the worst. I hope the Cardinals dont disappoint in 2010 because I have been known to "cut my losses" half way through football season as well. As painfull as it is, I will NOT EVER root for the Yankees or any other team in baseball, nor will I care for anyone other than the RED BIRDS on the football field! GO CARDS!!! No pressure!
My youngest son David is growing up very fast as well. He keeps us all on our toes with his clever remarks and his witty comments. He is so much like his Dad its silly.
I have really enjoyed being back in Arizona and Chandler where I grew up. Arizona is the place for us and I love that HEAT babay!
Saturday, January 2, 2010
1. A fan of a sports team who only shows support when the team is doing well. During hard times they usually bandwagon OTHER TEAMS. They basically have no real loyalty to the team, but still manage to get better seats than you at the game. Strangely they mysteriously vanish at the first sign of trouble.
2. Certain people who only support a sports team when said sports team is having a winning season.
3. People who only support sports teams when they are doing well ie when the "weather is fair." If their team is losing, they don't claim to be a fan, and in fact they strongly criticize and abandon them, but when their team is winning, they are obnoxious to the highest degree.
True Blue Fan:
1. (idiomatic) indubitably loyal or faithful.
2. Will Unconditionally stand behind and support their team regardless of mistakes, losing record, past failures, and negative outside influence.
3. Will proudly and openly support their team and stand up to those that criticize and look for any and all positive aspects of the team, even when positive things are hard to find or few and far between.
I have always said that there is not one life lesson that cannot be learned through sports. I am thankful for the few TRUE BLUE fans I have in my life and you know who you are. There is no room, nor do I have the time or patience for the fence sitters. In my book…you are true blue or you are a Yankees fan…PERIOD
Thursday, November 19, 2009
*When all through our land,*
*Not a Christian was praying*
*Nor taking a stand.*
*See the PC Police had taken away,*
*The reason for Christmas - no one could say.*
*The children were told by their schools not to sing,*
*About Shepherds and Wise Men and Angels and things.*
*It might hurt people's feelings, the teachers would say*
* December 25th is just a ' Holiday '.*
*Yet the shoppers were ready with cash, checks and credit*
*Pushing folks down to the floor just to get it!*
*CDs from Madonna, an X BOX, an I-pod*
*Something was changing, something quite odd! *
*Retailers promoted Ramadan and Kwanzaa*
*In hopes to sell books by Franken & Fonda.*
*As Targets were hanging their trees upside down*
* At Lowe's the word Christmas - was no where to be found.*
*At K-Mart and Staples and Penny's and Sears*
*You won't hear the word Christmas; it won't touch your ears.*
*Inclusive, sensitive, Di-ver-si-ty*
*Are words that were used to intimidate me.*
*Now Daschle, Now Darden, Now Sharpton, Wolf Blitzen*
*On Boxer, on Rather, on Kerry, on Clinton !*
*At the top of the Senate, there arose such a clatter*
*To eliminate Christ, in all public matter.*
*And we spoke not a word, as they took away our faith*
* Forbidden to speak of salvation and grace*
*The true Gift of Christmas was exchanged and discarded*
*The reason for the season, stopped before it started.*
*So as you celebrate 'Winter Break' under your 'Dream Tree'*
*Sipping your Starbucks, listen to me.*
*Choose your words carefully, choose what you say*
*Shout MERRY CHRISTMAS ,
not Happy Holiday !*
Please, all Christians join together and
wish everyone you meet during the
Christ is The Reason for the Christ-mas Season!
Monday, October 12, 2009
I'm so tired of trying to fight this
I'm asleep and all I dream of
Is waking to you
Tell me that you will listen
Your touch is what I'm missing
And the more I hide I realize
I'm slowly losing you
I'll never wake up without an overdose
of you [Chorus:]
I don't wanna live I don't wanna breathe
'les I feel you next to me
you take the pain I feel
waking up to you never felt so real
I don't wanna sleep
I don't wanna dream
'cause my dreams don't comfort me
The way you make me feel
Waking up to you never felt so real
I hate living without you
Dead wrong to ever doubt you
But my demons lay in waiting
Tempting me away
Oh how I adore you
Oh how I thirst for you
Oh how I need you [Bridge:]
My eyes Open up
Don't leave me alone
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Friday, August 7, 2009
Friday, July 17, 2009
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Friday, January 30, 2009
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Exposed to : the song "silent night"
Labeled: "Thank You"
From: Mount Cook Glacier, New Zealand
Labeled: "You make me sick, I want to kill you"
Exposed to : Prayer from Buddhist monks
Water from : Kobe Japan after Earthquake
Tap Water from Tokyo
Tap Water from Tokyo after thousands send positive thought to it
Friday, November 21, 2008
1. Obviously, Mormons do not "HATE" as some would lead you to believe. It is completely foolish to argue that point as the track record of the Church in regards to spreading love across the world by means of CHARITY, SERVICE, COMPASSION for the less fortunate, GOOD WORKS by its members, and not to mention the FINANCIAL donations and FOOD SUPPLIES donated all over the world in times of disaster, speaks for itself. Being a temple recommend holder and priesthood holder, never in my interviews with my leaders have I been asked" Are you striving to HATE your fellow man or those that have a different sexual orientation than you? Never have I been trained in teaching the youth in my charge to obtain HATE for homosexuals, neither by my words or nor my actions. I am quite sure in fact that it is against church policy to display or promote HATE of any kind toward any fellow human being.
2. In all the protests I hear "Tax this Church....Tax this Church". I am flabbergasted by this. They are seriously wanting our government to "TAX" a church organization. How many homosexuals, bisexuals, trans-sexuals whatever, have donated money to support their group's "cause"? And all these organizations that have supported the movement to allow marriage to be legalized between members of the same sex....Should they be taxed as well? What they are saying is that all organizations that have a collective opinion and donate money for such cause...should be taxed.? am I hearing this right? This is stupid thinking.You cant TAX a church or non profit organization!!!..who will this help? It will only put more money in the hands of the government for their spending habits, which is a whole new topic that I have strong feelings about. The Tax argument....a non issue for me.
3. Good old fashion "Mormon Persecution" - I don't buy into this. Do I believe that the Mormons have suffered persecution...of course I do, however, I cant think of an organization that hasn't. The Jews, The Gays, The Blacks, The Scottish, The Indians...all have suffered persecution. I don't agree with the practice of persecuting any group. I will not fall into the trap of making others feel like I am being mistreated and that action needs to be taken against it. I will however fight tooth and nail against those who intend to destroy me. I will teach my children to do the same. I will support both physically, and financially, those that will promote my ideals. If this means that I join collectively with the members of my church in supporting the Church in its decisions to donate to certain causes...than so be it. If the Church was donating money towards causes that I disagreed with, I would no longer be a member of that Church. I will endure to the end. I'm sure bad things will come before me sooner or later. I'm sure that this will not be the last time that people will disagree with the views of my church. I'm sure that my children will face adversity in many forms. Here is the difference, we will overcome! I can assure you that My family will not expect sympathy from ANYONE for being who we are or for who we have chosen to be or be a part of. Other organizations have exploited those things and I disagree with that line of thinking.
4. I could sit here and rattle off lines and lines of scripture from both the Bible and Book of Mormon, supporting my views on this subject, but instead I am going to give you my views as they are without supported doctrine, simply for the sake of not wanting to get into a "bible bash" or religious battle. A. I don't believe that GOD the father would be pleased with me if I chose to enter into a homosexual relationship. I believe that marriage IS a matter of religious and spiritual nature and SHOULD be regulated by church officials or those in authority to do so. In my humble opinion, Marriage must be ordained of GOD and should be a ceremony between a man and a woman. I AGREE with the majority, that a marriage between those who are of the same sex, should not be considered a "legal" marriage. Now, as far as our rights as human beings to exorcise our free agency, we have that choice and we have the consequences associated with those choices. I believe in living the laws of the land. I personally choose to live a higher law which is GOD's law, but until one conflicts with the other, I will live both. I vote the way I do because I do not want things that I disagree with being taught to my children in public schools. I will fight for their right to NOT hear these things as being acceptable as they are not acceptable in my mind or the minds of the majority.
These are my feelings on the matter and if you are offended, it is your choice to be so. If you agree with me, continue to stand firm. I am not scared of those who oppose my views. They can choose to protest all they like within their bounds of the laws. If that line is crossed...GOOD LUCK!
Sunday, November 16, 2008
2. The Office
3. King of the Hill
4. Ultimate Fighter
5. Dog the Bounty Hunter
6. Big Love
8 things that happened yesterday:
1. Slept in
2. Basketball tryouts and Draft for Jr.
3. Lesnar KO'd Couture
4. I drank Mountain Dew
5. I made silly comments on facebook
7. Went to Elders Quorum Activity
8. played my guitar
8 Favorite places to eat
1. Elmers Tacos
2. Manolos (in Panama)
3. Lenos e Carbon (in Panama)
4. Native New Yorker
6. Taco Bell
7. Aloha Kitchen
8 things I'm looking forward to:
1. The second coming of Christ
2. Watching my sons play sports
3. my next Panama trip
4. experiencing winter for the first time in Missouri
5. upcoming UFC events
6. Thanksgiving Turkey with all the fixins
7. watching Dexter tonight
8. seeing my family grow
8 things on my wishlist
2. being debt free
3. Good healthy knees
4. good health for my family
5. better understanding of the scriptures
6. success in business
7. this one is private
8. this one is private
8 tagged people:
1. whoever wants to do it!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Saturday, November 1, 2008
On a lighter note. things are going good here in Missouri. Our family is pretty much adjusted. I am getting used to the cold weather and I bought my first pair of heavy duty cover-alls for the winter. The other morning I was out working and I was literally stung by the cold air going through my clothes. I really am an Arizona Boy. I have an interesting story to tell as I attended my kids' parent/teacher conference this last week. All the kids are doing well and learning the new system. Brett however is our "dreamer" that doesn't finish his work on time and is hard to keep on task. His teacher told us of a story that they were supposed to write about. She told them to pretend that they were each given a big basket of apples and they were to write about what they would do with the apples. Most kids wanted to make apple pie or apple turnovers or candied apples etc..Brett however..he wanted just to keep his basket of apples. His teacher thought this was because he just didn't want to write about anything, which may have been the case. I thought to myself..I would do the same thing...why ruin a nice basket of apples. It is just a hassle to make pies and such when one could just sit and enjoy his or her nice fresh apples. I sided with Brett on this particular issue but we will be working with him and figure out ways to keep him on task.
How do you like them apples????
Friday, October 31, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
This is me a couple years ago, showin the varsity scouts how things are done. I cant wait for the next campout!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
2. This world we live in can be mean, cold and harsh. It will chew you up and spit you out if you are not careful. This is no place for our heavenly father's daughters. They are to be kept safe and sheltered from the evils of the world and protected by the man who was designed to do so.
In conclusion to these thoughts, I CANNOT support a Vice President who wishes to set the example to the world that Americans no longer adhere to the traditional values that have kept our nation strong for all these years. This is the root of our problem folks. Sure, there are good and bad points for both sides of the presidential ticket. dont even get me started on Obama. I will put it to you straight like this. McCain is wolf in sheep's clothing and Obama is a wolf in Wolves clothing. They are both wolves and they are both dangerous to our nation. Prepare accordingly. Im not voting for either! There is no lesser of 2 evils here...ther is only evil!
vote Big Tom Van Vleet for president.because..on one hand we must vote because it is American...on the other hand...our votes dont matter...so vote for me!
Im seriously gonna write myself in on the ballot
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Friday, September 5, 2008
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
1. Tim Silvia is a horrible fighter
2. Rampage is a one time wonder and would not beat Chuck again ever
3. Watching the light weights fight is boring
4. I dont care for all the foreigners that cry after they win or lose on national telivision.
5. The UFC is undeniably the best of the best as far as fighters, but They really need to start paying these guys more money.
6. I dont know anyone who can beat Fedor or Anderson Silva at this time in their weight classes.
7. Forest Griffin is awesome
8. The ultimate fighter series keeps getting better.
9. I hope Affliction keeps growing.
10. My favorite fighters right now are: forest Griffin, Fedor Emilianenko, Chuck, Anderson Silva, BJ Penn,
11. I am also looking forward to watching a few of the young guys progress
12. Uriah Faber is fun to watch even though he is a little tike.