Thursday, October 23, 2008

Young Men's Secretary

So I am back in the Young Men's program as YM secretary in my new ward. Alice is the Achievement Day leader and CTR 9 teacher. I have been given special instructions to spend most of my time in the Teacher's Quorum. I have been either Teacher's Quorum advisor, Assistant Teacher's Quorum Advisor, Varsity Coach, Assistant Varsity Coach, !st councelor in the Young Men's Presidency, all14-15 yr olds. At least 11 wards that I can think of, Never in the Deacons or Priests quorums. this has been it for the last 11 years since Ive been married. I love working with the young men. I enjoy teaching those little punks, who are just like I was/am, to shape up and honor their priesthood and fulfill their duties. In reality, as much as I have tought them, they have tought me. With these callings I have grown to value the teachings of my parents and it has definately given me perspective as a parent myself. I am excited to be back in with the Teachers. Maybe the Lord thinks I have not progressed in my own mind past the 14-15 yr old stage and He figures Ill fit right in.











This is me a couple years ago, showin the varsity scouts how things are done. I cant wait for the next campout!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Tom, you dwarf that chair! Congrats on the calling!!! How fun...

Big Tom the Great and Magnificent said...

Funny you should mention the chair. Shortly after this picture was taken, it collapsed and broke. My mountain man name is "breaks a chair"...true story! It is not the first or last folding chair to meet it's doom while underneath me!

Steph Weaver said...

I bet those boy's love having you in there...congrats! I am in YW and believe that I learn more from them then they do from me. And, I learn more from their lessons than I did in RS!

Post some pics. of your kiddos!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tom! It's me, Pat Nelson. I love reading your blog...it's also the only way I can get to read Marla's...anyway, Congratulations on your new calling. Yes, you are perfect to work with YM...you've been "there".... "wherever 'there' is!" and done that--no details pul-lez!! lol just like my Scott. Those YM will luv u. Love and hugs to you all, pat