Sunday, July 27, 2008

Thoughts on a Sunday afternoon

I have a few comments on some random thoughts that are pressing on my mind currently.



1. I have no room whatsoever at this time in my life for negativity. My toleration for those who are negative is growing thinner as I grow older. Now, that being said, I personally need to work on controlling my own negativity which I have full intention of doing. I am in no way exempt. I have more thoughts on this matter which I will refrain from documenting at this time.



2. We as Men (Fathers, Husbands, Priesthood Leaders Etc...) have an extremely difficult responsibility to maintain our households spiritually, mentally, physically, and financially. It is my observation, that often times, the burdens which are placed on the shoulders of men are overlooked and under appreciated. I want it clear that I am in NO WAY complaining about anyone in particular in my life personally, however, I have witnessed this in my life and in the lives of others around me. This is not an attack on women or anything of that nature as I have much respect for the burdens which women have to bare. These are simply my thoughts that are on my mind at the moment. I do not expect anyone to read my writing and go out and change their behavior, nor do I expect any different treatment.



3. I want to say something concerning my wife as it has been pointed out to me that I have not mentioned her very often in my writing. Alice is quite possibly the best wife, mother, cook, maid, taxi driver, and friend on the planet. She is talented in so many ways. She is feisty, smart, beautiful, loving, understanding and warm. Sure, like any human being, she is not perfect, however I'm pretty convinced that there is no one else on this creation that is more tailored to put up with me and my way of thinking. For those of you who know me, I am in no way admitting that my way of thinking is wrong or abnormal. I just think that it is different than most of society, which makes all the rest of society wrong. And she does a good job of putting up with that.



4. I have a struggle at the moment with random people. On one hand, I believe that we are all ONE. Without going too much into doctrine, I believe that our connection with one another is based off of The Creation from our Father in Heaven. The question is this; Why am I so annoyed with random strangers and their uncanny ability to be ignorant and indifferent. Why do people tend to see faults in one another long before they recognize their talents and abilities? Why is it that people are two-faced and back-stabbing to one another long before they are charitable and understanding? This is something that I really struggle with. To be "Christ like" is one of the hardest things to be, yet it only makes the most sense logically. I agree that unconditional love and forgiveness is crucial to our eternal joy. I don't need anyone to send me scriptural references or anything to answer these questions as I have read them all already. I'm positive that I am not the first to struggle with this. I suppose I just need to humble myself somehow.



5. I consider myself to be an extremely easy going man. I don't get worked up easily, nor do I even raise my voice but on few occasions. I am working very hard to restrain my thoughts at the moment as I reflect on certain recent incidents. I will leave it at this. We have a responsibility to not only teach, but to groom our children into the gods they are to become. Of course they have the ultimate responsibility for their own soles, but as parents, there is a responsibility that we will be judged upon, that has more importance than most people comprehend. Because of that I feel as if it is a direct threat to me, when others impose their will upon my children, in any form. I realize that this is unavoidable on this earth, but I feel the need to do everything within my power to protect my right as a Father. My blood boils when I think of anyone other than myself, trying to interject their beliefs and motives into the minds of my children, which are contrary to my own. Furthermore, I do not tolerate those who feel the need to discipline my children physically or mentally. That is my job and my wife's job period.



6. I heard a very good talk today in church that has inspired me to be a better husband and father. Also, I am thankful for the opportunity to be married in the Temple with my wife.





1 comment:

Steph Weaver said...

Love to read your thought's. As for your thought's on being "head of the household"...I would never want to be in a man's shoe's or carry the burden's that you carry. I enjoy being a mom/homemaker, though sometime's burdening it is much more rewarding that any job a husband might have! So, I hear your thought/complaint and totally sympathize. I would not want to trade places with you or my husband!