Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Rhino rollover

///Now, for those of you who dont know, I have been working on my physical conditioning for the past month or so. Ive been working on my knees bigtime. I have been swimming and riding my bicycle. I have accopmlished swimming a mile under 40 minutes and swimming 50 meters underwater without a breath, which is great for endurance. Unfortunatelay I have encountered a slight snag in my quest. On Monday evening (June 16th) i rolled my brother's Rhino in the desert by my dad's house at which time i stuck my leg out to brace myself for the fall. ( a rookie mistake for sure but very common even amongst experienced riders when operating the Rhino). Ultimately, my leg was slammed to the ground by the roll cage and pinned down at the knee untill it was lifted off by one of the young men in my ward that was riding behind me. I definately hyper-extended my left knee and possibly tore my ACL in the process. I have a scheduled MRI for tomorrow. Here are the nast pictures of the back side of my leg with the gravel scrapes on the calve, and the bruises from the hyperexention on the rear thigh. Also are the pics of the gouge in my shin caused by the roll bar.




So the moral of this story is this...Ah..I cant think of a moral for this one. This is just one of life's curve balls that is thrown at us occasionally.

2 comments:

Marla said...

I hope you didn't tear your ACL! I don't wish that injury on anybody! Keep us updated!!!

Big Tom the Great and Magnificent said...

It turns out there are no tears in my ACL or PCL. I do however have a tear in my anterior miniscus and i have a fracture in my tibia and a contusion on my femor. it is painful and such but I am healing fast and I give all the credit to a blessing I was given by my cousin Mark.